Intrauterine insemination Fertility Treatment (IUI)
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is a Fertility treatment that involves placing the sperm inside a woman’s uterus to facilitate fertilization.
The goal of IUI is to increase the number of sperm that reaches the fallopian tube and subsequently increase the chances of fertilization.
IUI provides the sperm an advantage by giving it a head start, but still requires a sperm to reach and fertilize the egg on its own. It is a less invasive and less expensive option compared to IVF.
IUI Treatment Process/Procedure
First you undergo an assessment screening. This assessment screening normally covers the following
- Infection Screening and HSG
After your assessment screening, then the following
- We wait for you to start your cycle
- Then you start taking your drugs on the second day of your cycle.
- Start your injection on the 5th day of your cycle
- Then your folliculometry
- Once all the follicles are matured, then you will get a trigger injection
- first insemination is done 24hrs/36hrs after trigger injection
- There could be a second insemination if the couples so desire.
When can IUI Procedure be use to treat Infertility issues
- When the woman has patent Fallopian tubes.
- The woman has ovulation either by herself or through medication.
- And man semen(both motility and morphology) are very good.
- if the cause of infertility is unexplained.