Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection Fertility Treatment (ICSI)
icsi which is one of the fertility treatment options available to couples with fertility issues, is an Infertility treatment procedure that has dramatically improved the treatment of severe male factor infertility.
A relatively common cause of infertility in couples is low sperm count. With icsi, a single sperm can be injected into the egg resulting in a significantly higher likelihood of fertilization.
This process is used in conjunction with IVF.
When can ICSI Procedure be used to treat Infertility Issues?
- Normally for couples who have failed to achieve fertilization through a normal IVF treatment.
- When the sperm count is very low(below 20million).
- Men who active sperm cells are less than 50%.
- And if there is no sperm found in the semen.
- No motile sperm found in the semen.
- For men with abnormal sperms.